Weekending: Hot and Cold

Happy Tuesday! Sorry I'm here a day late, once again the weekend just caught up with me and I didn't get a chance to recap until Monday. Such is #momlife...or my momlife anyway.

This weekend had some highlights and it also had some drawbacks--womp womp:

~Friday afternoon gorgeous weather! Picked up my kiddo and drove home with the sunroof open, changed into shorts and short sleeves at home!

~MG made it home from his work trip right after we had gotten home and we were all happy to see him!

~We went to dinner at Chuy's because yum, and had the cutest little dinner companion at the table:
~That night I went to turn on the AC to simply cool off Ella's room since it's on the top floor and gets the hottest, and we found out that our AC wasn't turning on....

~Saturday it still wasn't working despite many efforts by MG, and we called a repair person and they couldn't come until Tuesday. So we popped open windows until it rose above 80 outside and then just dealt with the heat.
Unfortunately I didn't feel like it was a good idea to leave a teenage babysitter in our hot house, and leave Ella to sleep in an 80 degree room under someone else's watch, so we cancelled our date night. WOMP WOMP!

~We went for an afternoon family walk and came home to an invite to go to my friend's house who watches Ella during the week. We packed ourselves up after Ella's nap and made our way over for wine, and smoked brisket for dinner! It was a nice escape, Ella loved being with the boys (and they with her), and we got in some fun adult time--plus there was a cute puppy there too!

~Came home to our hot house and slept in the 80 degree temps. Luckily Ella was a trooper and slept through the night with the heat, and her fan on full blast. Mama, on the other hand, woke up every hour checking to make sure she was ok.
~Sunday was overcast and cold (the one time I'm thankful for that), so we opened the windows and the house cooled down.

~Cooper got groomed and looks super cute (he wouldn't look at me when I was trying to take his pic)

~Early afternoon I headed to get a massage and it was heavenly! I've got a 1 1/2 hour one scheduled in 2 weeks!
After the massage magic!
~That afternoon our babysitter came over while Ella was napping and MG and I escaped to see Ready Player One. It was our first movie out together since before Ella, and it was nice to just enjoy that time away for a bit.
don't mind my post-massage, rainy day look
We both read the book and I'll say this: The movie was good. But it is COMPLETELY different than the book. And since I read it recently, I was distracted the whole time by the MAJOR plot differences.
It was still cool to see, but if you read the book, you'll likely be disappointed.
~We grabbed &pizza and headed home to play with the babe before bedtime.

The rest of the night was pretty low key, gearing up for the work week. We chatted with my SIL about Ella's birthday party (can't believe it's in less than 2 weeks) and made some final plans on food, etc. 
That night we had some CRAZY heavy storms that kept me awake for about an hour and carried into the next day with some scary skies 
It was actually way more ominous than how it looks in this photo
I have to take a second and brag on my oldest niece who was featured in her local paper--her lacrosse team is undefeated and she is a captain (and an all around beast of an athlete). So proud of her!
So, despite the fact that our date night got messed up again, we still made the best of it, even though it was disappointing.
Hoping your weekend had nice temps and no malfunctioning household appliances haha

13 comments:

  1. Ugh, I’m SO sorry about your A/C! That always puts me in the *worst* mood and I get so mad about it. I’m thankful it’s getting fixed today, though, and that a cool front came through so y’all could get a little rest. Hoping for a quick, cheap fix today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no to the broken ac! that's the worst. i was in PA over the weekend and we had to turn it on by saturday. glad you could get some time at the movies and of course my fav chuy's despite cancelled date night. hope this week is a good one!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh-- sorry about the AC! Hope it's something super minor!! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read Ready Player One, so I think I'll wait for the book instead of the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH!! No broken ac! I hate you missed date night, but yeah for movie date. Sending you cool thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your date night was cancelled but yay for a massage!! Hope the AC sitch is fixed today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope someone comes out to repair your AC today! So good Ella slept through the night despite it being hot in the house. Even though your original plans for date night got cancelled, glad you still got to get out the house and catch a movie together! Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, so sorry about the AC and canceled date night. We had scary skies like that too, it was bad! A massage and a movie sounds amazing to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate that about the AC! A massage sounds amazing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh! Boo about the AC! It's always so frustrating when things like that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beyond jealous of that massage omg I could seriously use one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yikes... that's no fun when an AC breaks! I'm glad Ella was such a trooper with it! Sounds like a fun weekend despite the cancellation of date night. That massage sounds heavenly! I'm seriously overdue for one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for your niece!

    Every year I assume our central air is going to go. It's at least 14 years old.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!