WHW: Fevers and Chills and a New Blog Design...Oh My!


Can you tell based on my title that it's been interesting around these parts?
Also, how does this space look? It took me a bit to get this space fixed up after the Photobucket debacle, and I still have some work to do, but I'm happy with the facelift this space has gotten!

Now for the fever and chills part....
We got back from a week away at the lake with family on Saturday, but on Friday morning I was feeling a little "off"...I took some Tylenol and started to feel better and then in the late afternoon/early evening, I started to feel chills and I couldn't get warm despite the temperature in the house not being very cold.

I'd had a pain in my right boob for the previous day or so, and figured once my head started burning up from a fever, that I had mastitis. If you've never breastfed or had a baby, you may not have heard of mastitis but let me tell you...it ain't fun. It's when a duct in your breast gets clogged for whatever reason, and then causes an infection that then makes you feel like you have the flu. Fun times, right?

So my last night of vacation was spent cuddling under blankets, and trying to get in touch with my ob to send in a script for antibiotics to a pharmacy close by. Which ended up not being able to fill my prescription, so my in-laws drove to another town to get the meds (of which, they only had about 3/4 of the pills that I need for the course of the antibiotics) #ofcourse

I think I'm finally done with the fever (Monday night was the first night I haven't woken up in the middle of the night sweating), and I went to my ob yesterday to check me out because the clogged duct seemed to be more than just one duct to me and I wanted it checked out before things got worse. Luckily she said it looked like the infection was gone and I'm on my way to kicking this, with lots of boobie massaging in my future. 

So instead of a fun lakehouse/weekend recap, this is what I've been dealing with. Oh, and the side effects of strong antibiotics (let's say me and the bathroom have been well acquainted lately....and Ella has been experiencing similar side effects thanks to what she's getting through my breast milk too).  

On a fun note, we managed to venture out on Sunday to meet up with my other mama friend, her husband and baby and visit a nearby winery. I still wasn't 100% but the weather was in the mid 80s, no humidity and gorgeous, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be outside. We had a nice picnic lunch in the shade, split a bottle of wine (I had a small glass) and it was perfect!


We've got the "mom lean" down lol

So, that's what's been hap-"pinning" over here with me. Share what's been up with you by linking up with Jessi and I below!


18 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm so sorry. That's the worst part-I have always felt terrible when I mom comes in with those symptoms because I can't just fix it. I'm so glad you are getting some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, LOVE the clean, chic facelift! So cute! And second of all, noooo to mastitis! That's awful and I'm so sorry! Hope that never happens again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart, hope you feel better soon! That sounds like no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that vacay ended like that! My sister had that with two out of her three babies and it was so painful - I felt terrible for her (and you!) Loving the new design girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh no, mastitis sucks! I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you continue to feel better soon! Glad you got out a little bit on Sunday - looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry! I hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I had mastitis twice with Knox and it is THE WORST. I felt so out of it and loopy, too, because of the 105* fever I was running. So glad you're feeling better, and I LOVE the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well the blog looks great! Sorry about the boob infection, sounds awful, hope you recover quickly. Sounds like a lovely picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no that's awful!! Hopefully you won't have to experience that ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I've heard nightmare stories about mastitis. I'm so glad that you're feeling better. And I love the blog facelift! I've been wanting to do mine forever so I guess I just need to bite the bullet and do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless your heart! I had mastitis with my first baby and I seriously thought I was dying! I used a doula and she told me to use a fine tooth comb (yes, like the kind you comb your hair with) to rake over my breast. It's suppose to work out any clogged ducts. I pulled it out every time I felt "off" and never had mastitis again. Might be mind over matter but it's worth a shot! Feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, clogged milk ducts are the worst!!! I'm so glad you're about to kick and it all is about back to normal. And I am loving the new space design! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mastitis is so painful and exhausting! Sorry it happened while you were on a trip. Glad you're through the worst of it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clogged ducts are the MOST painful experience! The night sweats might be a total sidebar issue too. I got them after both of my kids during the hormone crash a few months after giving birth. Oh the joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry girl! I went through this when Serena was about 3-4 weeks old, and it is no joke! My doctor said the sickest people he's ever seen are women with mastitis. So glad you're doing better, and were able to get out for some fun on Sunday *hugs* <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you poor thing! I'm so glad that you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!