Weekly Wins

This Friday marks some wins that happened throughout the week!

~Baby girl decided to go 5+ hours between feedings--hallelujah! #sleep

~Ella is also starting to learn how to nap...and do so in her crib in her room! Thank goodness for baby monitors
~We FINALLY got our new recliner delivered for our living room. It took almost 6 weeks for it to get here (was supposed to be 3 weeks, and then they called and delayed the delivery). We were supposed to get it between 4-6 pm on Wednesday and it ended up getting here at 8, after they called and changed the time to 7-7:30 the night of, after 6 when they were supposed to be here. Nothing like having a delivery window eh?
~I've now made it through my first full week of being home alone with baby. New moms can attest to the fact that this may be the biggest accomplishment. It hasn't been without tears, but they've been less and less. Single moms and stay at home moms get all of the praise from me because this is NOT easy. 

~I hit my pre-pregnancy weight this week. I go in next week for my 6 week check up (and my re-test for diabetes, ugh), and I think I'll be cleared to exercise by then. For now, it's been breast feeding and taking long walks with Ella that's helped me get back. Not sure how many more of those we will be able to do next week since it's supposed to be humid and in the 90s. Boo!

~All of your sweet comments about Ella's newborn photos. We are still super obsessed with them and having a hard time figuring out which ones we want printed, etc. 
~The fact that we got the jump on a new trendy baby name before George Clooney and Amal announced that their baby girl's name is Ella. I have a feeling our Ella won't be the only one with that name within the next year or so!

Hoping your week has been smooth and fun!

15 comments:

  1. Pre=pregnancy weight already - you go girl!! Great week with little miss Ella :) xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Biana - hitting your pre pregnancy weight already is so awesome! Long walks sound lovely - hopefully the humidity will stay at bay and you can still get out a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Ella: 5+ hour stretches are amazing! (And doesn't it crack you up that you're actually thinking five straight hours of sleep is good?! Ha! #momlife) Love her sweet newborn photos and congratulations on already being back to your pre-pregnancy weight! Happy Weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyy for Ella sleeping 5 hours straight!! It makes such a difference when that starts happening!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow pre-pregnancy weight already! That's great! And I hate waiting on things to get delivered because it's never when it's supposed to be and you have to basically sacrifice your entire day to just wait. Love the new recliner!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh gosh you're totally right with the trendy name! i mean it's super classic which in my book, is the best :) seriously delivery windows are a joke. i'm just grateful when they end up showing up on the day they say they will after so many bad experiences ha. have a wonderful weekend my friend and congrats on being back to pre baby weight!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for sleep! That is always so helpful to make it through the days. I have said so many times I have no idea how a single mom does it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pre-pregnancy weight already?! You may have accomplished the fastest body bounce back I've ever heard of!! Glad you and Ella survived your first week at home alone. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for sleep and baby Ella's photos are gorgeous. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for the recliner finally arriving and baby girl napping in her crib. Serena is almost 8 months, and I still stalk her monitor overnight and during naps!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought of you right away when I heard about the Clooneys--you're totally a trendsetter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for 5+ hours without eating!!! She is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's so precious and learning to give mom some breaks from feeding and getting more naps in. I'm sure those are much needed! That's amazing you've already hit your pre-pregnancy weight so quickly!

    Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!