WHW {#63}

Happy What's Hap-"Pinning" Wednesday, friends! 
Reading ...
Memories of Heaven by Wayne Dyer
Love all of the spiritual stories in this book from kids. It's definitely been my nightly happy place read.
{via}
Watching ...
All the Bravo shows (as always), including Yours, Mine, and Ours which has become a new favorite in our house. MG and I also got on the Designated Survivor train and are really liking it. And we discovered West World. Holy crazy--totally great show if you have HBO!
{via}
Eating....
Well, I told you guys about that delicious smores dish from our triple date night on Saturday, but then on Monday I made a tomato tortellini soup (despite the 80 degree weather outside) and oh my word, it was SO good. MG and I both slurped it up to many "mmm's" and "this is SO good"s. Will be posting the recipe soon!
Looking forward to ... 
MG's parents are coming into town this weekend for a visit, so it'll be fun to catch up with them and we already have a delicious restaurant picked for dinner on Saturday night!

Wishing...
that certain high maintenance families in our county would wake up and realize that the world doesn't revolve around them. And also wishing that our county would start sticking up for teachers and staff more than they do, instead of allowing hours and hours of pointless meetings, and bending to the will of these crazy pants parents. I jokingly/semi-seriously said to MG the other night that I feel like we're only a few steps away from parents water boarding us in meetings to get what they want.

Enjoying ...
the last bit of Summer weather. Although it feels kind of out of nowhere, the last little kick of 80 degree weather has lent itself to some nice after-work walks and outdoor activities before it goes into full blown Fall again.

Drinking...
lemon and cucumber infused water. It is OH so good and refreshing!

Loving....
on my friend who lost her mom to breast cancer last week. It's the first time a close friend of mine has lost a parent since I lost my dad, and it's brought up all of the emotions I felt during that time. I've been doing my best to be there for her how she was for me. It's just never easy, but it's better knowing you have people to lean on and love you.

Wanting ... 
for it not to be true that Luke Perry is really on the cover of AARP magazine 
{via}
Where's the young, hot Dylan McKay I'm so used to seeing? Oh, right...he got older, like me lol

Wearing ...
well, because of the 80 degree weather my dresses and capris have gotten one last run around the block which was a surprise since I'd already changed out my closet.

Add caption
Grateful For...
friends and family who willingly listen to your troubles from the day so you can vent, get it out, and move on.

Now it's your turn to link up with Jessi and I to share what's hap-"pinning" with you!





28 comments:

  1. That soup looks delicious - I can't wait for the recipe! I saw the AARP cover, I thought there was no way he was old enough! But I guess he is. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for that soup recipe, it looks oh so amazing! And yes to lemon and cucumber water, my fav! So sorry to hear about your friend's mom. Cancer is the worst. Glad she has you to help her through it though. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love Yours,Mine, and Ours too! All of those funny, family movies are a kick here! I need to make some of that water asap! Have a great day!
    Lisa
    http://www.porkchopandpossum.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing that recipe for the soup because it looks delish and I'm always up for a good soup recipe!

    Cancer is the worst, having support from your friends is the best though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that soup in my mouth NOW!! And Luke Perry looks a little worse for his wear since his 90210 days. Sigh, we are getting old. And I've said it before, but it is so sweet of you to comfort a grieving friend- while it brings up the pain of losing your own dad, I know your friend appreciates having someone who knows exactly how she feels and can empathize, not just sympathize, comfort her and console. XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously dylan mckay is my true love and this is just wild. but yes also means we're getting older (which my mom told me last night she's in denial about just as much as i am lol) that soup - i cannot wait for the recipe! and seriously i give teachers SO much credit - you guys put up with a lot and are under appreciated and i'll never stop preaching that!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. That soup looks amazing! You can never go wrong with soup even in 80 degree weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right there with you on Luke Perry and the 80 degree weather - I seriously can't figure out what to wear this week. And I NEED that soup recipe! We had tortellini last night and we have leftovers sans sauce soooooooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 50?!? yikes time flies.

    i'm waiting for westworld to finish so i can binge it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made a soup similar to the tortellini soup you mentioned, definitely GOOD! I have all the ingredients to throw it in the crockpot, but it's been in the 80's here too. I want cool weather!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear about your friend's mom. I am sure that she appreciates you being there for her. Hopefully we will all get some fall weather soon, so we can actually wear our cute scarves and sweaters!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think spinach tortellini soup is on deck for Saturday or Sunday. I need to make something quick with few ingredients since I'll be at the shore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just started Designated Survivor, too! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SHUT..UP...I am dying that Luke Perry is on the cover!!! And I'm freezing in my office right now so I could sure eat up that yummy soup!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait for you to share that recipe! I saw you post it on Insta the other night and I was hoping it was coming to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am dying for that soup recipe!! I could live off of soups... husband, not so much but we compromise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That soup looks so good! I've been pinning tons of soups/stew recipes lately but haven't yet tried them out. Need to get on that! haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Luke Perry on the AARP Magazine!! How is that Dylan McKay is 50. What?? That makes me feel soo old!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh i LOVE tortellini and i love tomato, so i cannot wait for that recipe. yum! west world looks so good, KC started watching it on his fall break so now i will have to watch it on my own one day lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is that James Marsden in West World? If so, I need to get HBO!! Luke Perry being 50 years old really just blows my mind. Like, omg, he's not even a decade younger than my dad!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I cannot wait for the soup recipe! We are watching West World too, didn't finish this week's episode yet, it is good but I still have so many questions!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe the weather today - totally feels like summer is back! Enjoy MG's parents visiting - that will make for a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your tortellini soup does sound delicious and perfect for Fall weather...maybe not 80s but if it's that good then I'm all for it any time of year. Oh hell no, Dylan has not reached AARP status!! What has the world come to? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. That soup looks delicious and Dylan is 50?!?! I can't even....

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't wait to hear about that recipe. I love soups and this one sounds sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had to finally leave my position at an unnamed elementary school in Potomac, MD because of a similar feeling. I just couldn't do the parents anymore! I'm much happier at a less affluent school in the county. Sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!