Blogtober Day 30: Facts About Me


Helene in Between Blogtober

Well, we've been together on this journey off and on for a whole month, so I'm guessing you know a decent amount about me by now, but in case you wanted to know more....here's a list of  15 random facts about me:
1) I hate bananas. The consistency and texture are just...ew. 

2) Listening and putting myself in someone else's shoes are some of my strengths. Some days I wish I had become a psychologist/psychiatrist instead of a speech therapist because I enjoy giving people different perspectives when they're dealing with tough situations.

{via}
3) I'm a lover of all things bottle-nosed dolphin.  One of the more memorable days of my life was when I got to swim with dolphins for the first time.

4) I love sarcasm and I especially love people who get my sarcasm and are sarcastic back (which may explain why I enjoy someecards so much.....and Shay) hehe
{via}
5) Purple is my favorite color and has been for as long as I can remember (which is why it was a primary color in my wedding) :) I'm a little envious of Myla because I totally wish we could paint our front door purple (but I'm not sure our HOA would approve it)....
Wouldn't that be pretty??
{via}
6) I never give gifts with the intent of getting a "thank you"--I give from the heart without expecting in return. Is it nice when I get one? Absolutely. Do I always show my appreciation when someone gives me something or does something nice for me? Definitely! But my intent in giving is never to get praise for it.

7) I bruise easily. Most of the time when I have a bruise, I have zero clue as to where it came from or how it happened.  

8) Instagram is my favorite social media app. Mindlessly looking through photos is more fun to me than reading a bunch of updates on facebook or re-tweets on twitter.

{via}
9) I've lived in the DC-Maryland-Virginia area my entire life. It's really hard for me to actually see myself living somewhere else, despite really wanting to sometimes.

10) Most days I'm a walking advertisement for Loft and/or Target. And sometimes when I go to Target, I realize that all of the things I'm wearing that day are from Target. It should embarrass me, but in reality, I'm totally ok with it :)

11) I love the Redskins. I always have. I used to sit on my dad's lap watching the games with him when I was little. Even when they have a tough season (or, let's be real, seasons), I'll never stop rooting for my dad's and my team.

12) Sometimes when I really like something I say I want to marry it (ex: "this is so good, I'd marry it"). MG is well aware that I have several "cheese husbands" that I'd 'marry'....and then proceed to eat. It would be a short-lived romance. But a delicious one.
{via}

13) My favorite weather is one in which I can open my sunroof. If the weather is nice, I have a hard time being in a bad mood.

14) Dirty martinis with blue cheese stuffed olives (and/or crazy feta stuffed olives) is one of my favorite adult bevvies. They take me down mighty fast, too, but boy are they delicious!

15) I have the best memory for the smallest of things, but when it comes to remembering why I walked into a room, 50% of the time, I can't remember #gettingoldproblems
{via}
There! 15 new and probably useless, but fun facts about me!
Did you learn anything new?

12 comments:

  1. I think I knew all this! I win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked getting to know a few new things about you!
    Love Instagram too

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are sooo me! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paint the door!! Just beg for forgiveness, rather than ask for permission! :) I'm also in the same boat with the bruising. My usual response is "Matt beats me", which means I also have a fondness for sarcasm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm never heard of a 'blue stuffed cheese olive' or having them with a dirty martini - I must find and try these in England :) Great post!!
    Stopping by from Helene's link up: www.shoutjohn.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love dolphins! Swimming with them is on my bucket list! I bet that was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely cannot believe you posted about a hatred of bananas. I did, too...because they are the bane of my existence. So nasty. I actually gag when I smell them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I'm not a fan of bananas either - but do like banana bread, banana pudding etc. Weird. And I bruise easily too:) So fun getting to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am the same way about clothes with Target and Old Navy, I don't think I even own anything bought somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great facts..so happy to get to know you more! I definitely agree with 4 and 5 for myself. Also, bananas are the worst fruit...I slipped on a peel on a sidewalk last week though so I might be a little biased.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hating bananas and loving sarcasm. Boom and Boom! This is why we are BOFFs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel your pain on the bruising easily! I'm always asking my fiance if he remembers me walking into something. I swear they just pop up spontaneously!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!