Book Review: Big Little Lies

I just finished reading another book by Liane Moriarty,
Big Little Lies
{via}
The Goodreads and Amazon synopsis' were really long, but give a description of the main characters in the book.

Each chapter goes between one of the 3 main characters: Jane, Meredith and Celeste. They all are mothers to a kindergartener, but each one has their own "stuff" happening, within themselves, their marriage (or lack thereof), and relationships with other parents in the social circle.

You can read the whole synopsis here for a bit more detail.

I was really excited to read this book since I've really loved all of Liane Moriarty's other books that I've read (Husband's Secret, What Alice Forgot, Three Wishes).
This one was probably the slowest one for me in terms of getting invested in the characters. The story line didn't unfold as quickly as it had in other books so for a bit I felt like I was just reading along, waiting.
As the book continued, though, and you got to know more bits and pieces of each character, I really started to like it. And, of course, I wanted to know what happened during the event that the entire book leads up to.
I thought I knew what was coming, and then I was totally surprised.
And that's all I'll say about that.

I'd give the book 4 out of 5 stars. I thought it was a good, quick and easy read. 

Check out some other books that I've read up top in my Book Reviews tab.
It might be a little while before I do another book review since I just started Fall of Giants by Ken Follett, which is 900 something pages. And I start work next week, soooo yeah, it might be a bit! :)

4 comments:

  1. Love your reviews and i always feel the same as you do abotu a book once i read it. This one may be next up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to add more of her books to my TBR pile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, can't wait to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not having any little kiddies, I probably couldn't relate, but the cover's kind of cool. I've heard good things about Ken Follett. Never read him, though.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!