Weekend/Holiday Recap

I can't believe the holidays are already over, and in one day we'll be saying goodbye to 2013!

I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my parents (and Cooper). It was pretty low key (our Christmases since my dad's heart attack pretty much have been which is ok), but it was nice to spend time with both of my parents, just the 3 of us.

On Christmas afternoon I took the train up to Philly, MG picked me up at the train station, and we went straight to his sister L's house for Christmas dinner with his family. We arrived to the most beautiful sunset ever! The picture doesn't even do the actual thing justice.

We had dinner, opened presents, and spent time all together which was really nice. I love being a part of a BIG family holiday. It was filled with lots of love.

Thursday we went with MG's sister L and her kids to go ice skating. She and I stayed up above together while MG and the kids went skating. Then we made our way to an early dinner of the best cheesesteaks ever (I had requested one meal at this particular restaurant). That night MG, myself and his parents went to see American Hustle. It was interesting....but definitely strange, too. 

The next day MG and I drove into NYC to see his best friend and another couple friend who were up from SC (the couple we visited this summer). The ride was fine until we got to the Lincoln Tunnel, and then we sat in traffic for over an hour to go 2.5 miles. NO bueno!

Luckily it was all worth it because the night was a blast. We hung out at MG's best bud's apartment for a bit with the other two until we headed to dinner at Houston's. I had the most delicious burger ever...and a dirty martini :) 
After dinner we made our way to Rolf's bar, which decorates the entire place's ceiling with Christmas lights, garland and ornaments. It feels like you're underneath a Christmas tree when you're in there! SO pretty! Our friend Megan's sister and brother in law came out to meet us too, and they were so nice and a lot of fun.
The next day we made our way home, but encountered construction on 95 that had us in bumper to bumper traffic for over an hour. Ugh...
When we eventually got back to PA, we spent our last night there with L's kiddos, watching Monsters University, drinking hot chocolate, playing with the puppy, and snuggling on the couch.

And then, just like that, the holidays were over! I don't know how that happened...
But at least I can look back on a fun and memory-filled one :)
And one with lots of puppy cuddles!

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely vacation and holiday! Glad you were able to enjoy both families and friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great holiday. despite the traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to spend some quality time with both your family and MG's! That bar looks like so much fun - maybe B and I will get back up to NYC next Christmas and will try it out:) (And will call you if we come up, of course!)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!