Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe

I hope you're ready for another edition of What's Cooking? Wednesday!

This week I have a really easy and really yum lunch idea for you! MG and myself are buffalo sauce fanatics, so any time we can get buffalo anything, we will eat it.

When I saw this recipe for buffalo chicken salad on Pinterest (and that it was healthy!) I knew I had to try it!
{via} because my picture wasn't nearly as good as the original pic
What You Need:

-5 oz plain Greek yogurt
-2 cans (12 oz each) chicken breast
-1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Wings buffalo sauce
-2 celery stalks, chopped finely
-some cilantro, minced (original recipe says 1/2 cup)
-2 oz blue cheese crumbles
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp garlic powder

--Imagine two cans of chicken in that pic-->

What You Do:
1. In a large bowl, stir together the greek yogurt, buffalo sauce, garlic powder and black pepper until mixed smoothly.

2. Add in the chicken breast, celery and cilantro. Mix together well.

 3. Add in the blue cheese crumbles and mix through.
 4. Cover and refrigerate until you're ready to use it. Or, like I did, dole them out into small Tupperware containers to use for lunch portions (to add to bread during lunch so it doesn't get soggy).

The sandwich is SUPER yum and gives you that awesome buffalo flavor. The greek yogurt takes the place of mayo and you can't even tell. And the blue cheese is a yummy treat when you bite into it! Definitely an easy and delicious lunch idea!

Link up below with your own recipe, or some that you've seen on Pinterest that you want to make!


6 comments:

  1. That sounds so good, my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why I never thought to put my buffalo chicken salad on bread is beyond me. Genius!! So much win on this! :) Thanks for the easy lunch inspiration!
    *Krystina
    By the Seat of My Shorts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'm definitely going to try this. Would it work as a dip too? I always make buffalo chicken dip with cream cheese- but maybe this would be a tasty lighter option?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks SO yummy! The hubby loves buffalo sauce so I have a feeling this recipe will be a major hit!:)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!