Guest Post: {Emily@ Blue Dog Belle}

While I'm away, soaking up the sunshine in Puerto Rico, I promised you that I'd have some lovely ladies stopping by to keep you company. First up is a fellow DC-area blogger! She's a Southern girly-girl who loves fashion and fun in DC! I love reading about her daily happenings, and you will too, so go check her out after you take a gander at her post below!
~.~.~.~.~

Hey there Friends! I'm Emily of Blue Dog Belle and I'm here to entertain you while the lovely Jenn and her cute man friend MG are relaxing on a beach somewhere in Puerto Rico. Not fair.

As a super pale white girl I have a love hate relationship with the beach. I love it, but the sunburn I inevitably get after spending 15 minutes in the sun, not so much. Needless to say, if I were Jenn right now, this is what'd I'd be wearing.
Beach Ready


L'Oréal Paris l oréal pari / Dr t s supergoop

I love maxi's at the beach. They're so comfortable and become the perfect kind of effortlessly chic that goes perfectly with your wavy beach hair.  This emerald and blue dress is right up my alley, plus emerald and color blocking? So right now. (please tell me you hear the self mockery) Next I love these TOMS wedges, because who doesn't love cute TOMS. A trendy floppy hat to protect you from sunburn and wrinkles is a must. Then go one step further and and these super glam cat eyed sunnies from Nina Ricci.

I also believe that it is fully appropriate to rock shiny metallics (or sequins) whenever you want. As long as it makes you happy, who cares. I definitely brought a gold python bag with me to the beach last year. I love this one. Add in some magazines, my favorite sunscreen, and some self tanning wipes (because who wants to come back from the beach pale?) and you're all set for a fabulous day on the island.

To Jenn, Thank you lovely for having me on your lovely blog. But I'm still jealous you went to PR and didn't invite us. So lame.


For the rest of y'all, I'd love for you to come visit me on my Blog / Instagram / Twitter

xo, Emily

3 comments:

  1. I love that hat!! I would love one just like it. xx. McKenna Lou Ryan
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I found your blog from this lovely guest post! I am so glad that I did too. The design is lovely and I am definitely going to follow you. xx. McKenna Lou Ryan
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat is awesome, i want one in pink

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!