Tasty Tuesday: Foil Packet Tilapia in the Crockpot

It's been a while since I've shared a recipe with you guys, and since this week has marked the first full week where I literally have nothing to do (no more moving, no work orientations, etc) I decided to try out one of my old recipes on MG last night.

You all know how much I love my crock pot (and if you don't know, now ya know....playa!) and I have been on a seafood kick lately...mainly shrimp but I love me some seafood. I've also been trying to be better about eating healthier and working out (since it's hard to make the excuse to not go to the gym when I've done nothing productive during the day), so I made Foil Packet Tilapia in my crock pot last night from my favorite crock pot website, A Year of Slow Cooking.

It's REALLY easy! And really yummy! And healthy! Win win win!

What you need:
4 tilapia filets (or some other white fish)--can be frozen or thawed
1/4 cup mayo (I used light mayo and it worked fine)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
4 garlic cloves, minced (or 2 tsp already minced garlic from jar)
lemon juice

Mix the mayo, parmesan cheese, minced garlic cloves together. Add lemon juice--just don't make it soupy (you don't need a TON of lemon juice here). If you get it soupy, just add another squirt of mayo to thicken it up a bit. Stir it all up.
Get out your foil, lay the tilapia on top and spread the mixture on top of each filet. Fold up the packets and place in the crock pot (I used a 4 qt crock pot).

Now, I added a package of frozen veggies (I did broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) to the bottom of the crock pot, added a splash of water, a small scoop of butter and some basil and THEN layered the fish packets in. This steamed my veggies nicely and I had a complete meal at the end.

Turn the crock pot on HIGH for 2 hours and then check the fish. It should flake easily.  I made a thing of Uncle Ben's instant rice (regular brown rice) for a little extra and it was fab. MG loved it and we both felt like we were eating something that tasted good and was good for us! It's really light and perfect for a summer meal when it's hot out!

Did YOU know you could make fish in the crock pot? Did I just blow your mind?? Go try this. You will like it!

5 comments:

  1. Fish in a crockpot = mind blown!

    Will have to try a similar recipie!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is awesome! I have some frozen tilapia right now! I'll probably have to try this very sooN! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i liked fish i would try it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been nominated! Check out my latest post!!

    http://amandasyear.blogspot.com/2012/07/good-morning-sunshine.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew fish could cook (and not be gross) in the crockpot? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!