A Bunch of Random Shizzzzz

Hey buddies! It's allllllmost Friday, and that means it's almost a 3-day weekend (thank you Abe Lincoln and G-Dubbs for being born!) I'm ready for a long weekend like you wouldn't believe!

**Also, I am guest posting today for Casey over at Poodleism while she is vacationing away in Hawaii (that lucky duck), so go check it out!**

I'm supposed to be going up to Philly this weekend with MG to visit his family, but those plans might change because yesterday we got some bad news about my Grandpa. He hasn't been doing well for the last few months, and it seems things have taken a turn for the worse. He's not able to eat (is having trouble swallowing), and is dealing with fever and infection, etc. I'm keeping him in my prayers...I just don't want him to be in pain.

So, plans might change. In the meantime, I'm gonna talk about happier, lighter things--I just wanted to let you guys know what was going on, and if you have any prayers to offer up, I'd very much appreciate it :)

On to happier and lighter:
Randomness #1:
I went grocery shopping yesterday and Barefoot Wine was on sale for $5.99 so I added two of those bad boys (one Moscato and one Riesling) to my cart. When I got to the register the lady asked me if I wanted a wine bag for them and I said "sure" thinking she meant the little paper bags. Noooo, she did not. She came back with this AMAZEBALLS little bag, which I had not seen before:
It's like those fabric grocery bags, but its smaller and has dividers built in for wine bottles!! After seeing there were SIX slots, I kicked myself for not taking full advantage and buying 4 more bottles! haha, just kidding......(kind of)

Best part? It was FREE! So, find you a store nearby (It was Giant around here, for you D-M-V peeps) and go get you one!! :)

Random-ness#2:
I thought I'd share MG's and my picture from our lovely V-day out since I didn't get it uploaded until last night:
Don't judge my wine glass....originally it was the size of MG's and when I asked for another glass it came in that fish bowl massive glass. Apparently the waiter thought that I enjoy large quantities of wine (and he may have been correct) hehe

During that photo upload I realized I never uploaded my pictures from New Years, either. I tell you, I'm slackin', people. Here's one shot from that night as well since I obviously never shared it with you:


Randomness #3
I'm excited for a new purchase I made to get delivered:
I have been seeing all of these rave reviews about the Clarisonic but I just can't bring myself to spend over $100 on it. So, when I saw this guy, and it had really good reviews too, I figured I'd give it a try. Once it arrives, I'll definitely do a review for you all. My skin has been bugging me lately and Im hoping this helps out! And for $26 bucks on Amazon (plus free shipping), I'm more than willing to give it a whirl!

Randomness #4:
 I saw on facebook a friend of mine just got back from a trip to the Maldives with his gf for his 30th birthday. They also got engaged during the trip. I saw the pics and I can't imagine a more romantical spot for an engagement. Or a honeymoon. Heck, for anything, really. But, I had to look up where exactly the Maldives are. In case YOU are as geography-inept as I am, it's in the Indian Ocean. And it looks like:



Can we say HEAVEN? Let's just say this place is quickly getting added to my list of "Places I Must Go To"....unfortunately I think it might have to be added under the sub heading of "when I have a buttload of money" Ahhh, a girl can dream, can't she??

Randomness#5:
Today is my blog-iversary! I only just realized it (and had to come back in here and edit this post). I can't believe that I've been doing this for an entire year! And, what amazing people I've connected with through it all. You guys are awesome and have helped me through a ton of stuff over the past year. I am so excited for all of the people I'll continue to connect with, and meet! Here's to one year!



Hope you guys have great Thursdays!! And dont forget to check out that guest post o' mine at Poodleism. It's a good one, I promise! :)



10 comments:

  1. Keeping your Grandpa in my prayers, girl!!!:) So funny you got Moscato last night! I had a little tasting when I went out to dinner last night and want to buy some this weekend! My sister loves Barefoot Moscato! I usually go for reds but this one is a great dessert wine!! You and your man are a gorgeous couple!! Love that wine bag too...score!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1 year Blogiversary girl! Love reading your blog!

    And i'll keep your grandpa in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wine bag. Need that for mo co shopping w the new bag fee thing.

    sorry to hear about your grandpa. Keep me posted. K?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha- My hubby and I were just pricing vacations to Bora Bora.... we MIGHT can afford to go by our 50th anniversary?? xoxo brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your Grandpa! :( Hope he gets better!!

    And definitely do a review on the Olay pro-x! I'm interested in how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to squint at the first picture of the water. So bright! Sorry to hear about your grandpa. My thoughts are with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about your grandpa - you'll all be in my prayers!
    I've been thinking of getting that Olay thing too, can't wait to hear about it!
    Aw man. My husband's 30th is coming up, and now I feel like a schlub because we are most definitely not going to Maldives. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blog anniversary!! Yes, let us know how you like the Olay ProX. I want to try one, but the Clarisonic is too much for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moscato is my faaaaaaavorite wine everrr :) I would buy like 10 of those bottles (lol k just kidding, buy you know what I mean haha). Also, I want that bag!!! Giant, as in, Giant Eagle? I hope they have them at mine....

    I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa though, I'll keep him in my prayers.

    Great pics of you and MG!!

    Ummm I totally need to go to the Maldives. Asap.

    Happy blogaversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy bloggie anniversary! My boyfriend and I dream of going to the Maldives one day. it's so gorg!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!