You guys ready for another delicious and pretty healthy recipe?
My friend Trish told me about buffalo chicken zucchini boats and I was all over trying them--luckily I did and they were a HUGE hit in our house!
What You Need:
~2 large zucchini
~1 can chicken breast, drained (or 1 lb chicken shredded)
~2 Tbsp flour
~1/2 tsp pepper (original recipe called for 1/2 tsp salt, but I dont think you need it)
~1 carrot, shredded (I used a few baby carrots and my food processor)
~1 rib of celery, diced (I left this out since I didn't have it)
~3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese, divided
~3 Tbsp buffalo sauce
~3 tbsp ranch or blue cheese dressing
*Optional: 1/4 C blue cheese crumbles (I left this off, but they would be delicious)
What You Do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with foil (and spray) or a baking mat (no spray needed).
2. While the oven is heating up, cut your zucchini in half lengthwise, then using a melon baller or a spoon, scoop out the middle of each half. I left a little bit of a lip at both ends so it would help hold the filling in on either side. (I had a grapefruit spoon which really helped). Reserve about 1/2 cup of the scraped portion for the filling.
3. In a bowl, mix the chicken (make sure there are no chunks if using the canned chicken breast), flour, pepper (and salt if using), carrot, celery, the 1/2 C of zucchini filling, 1/2 C cheddar cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch/blue cheese dressing and the blue cheese crumbles, if you're using them.
4. Place the zucchini with the scraped side up, and fill each boat with the mixture. It's ok if these are heaping (this makes a lot). Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes and enjoy!
We had ours with an extra side of the blue cheese dressing and it was delicious! They were also still good as leftovers the next day!